View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #49
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa14 View Post
There is nothing I'd like more than a week 1 opener vs. the steelers.
I don't know man, but almost every season, yet another fanbase falls for the same gag-- thinking that their team, who won the SB a few months ago, should still be the same dominant team.

If the home opener is set against us, do you really want a hungry, refreshed, pissed off Steelers team coming to your house to start the season? Your defensxe will be emotionally gutted after the satisfaction of a championship and with Ray Lewis gone.

Quote:
What you listed, especially Suggs' mouth, are all valid concerns for us.
That thing is a valid concern...

Quote:
I believe in Ozzie though, I think he will get a deal done /w Flacco that will make everyone happy. It will suck to lose either Reed or Boldin but I'd rather keep Boldin at this point.
Ozzie has done pretty well for you guys. I think where your team showed its superiority this year was in its roster depth. Your guys got bit by the injury bug too, but the Steelers were hanging on to a few fat cats for too long, and it was tying up money that could have been spent to sign some depth in other areas.

Your backups stepped up. Ours did stupid shit.

Has Reed fallen that far? I admittedly don;t get to watch the Ravens that much unless we are playing you. Reed still looks like a ball hawk to me.

But it seems the league is really bending the rules in favor offenses, so it might be more important to keep a WR that your QB has a proven chemistry with, if it comes down to it.