Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,512 Times in 10,350 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
He is the number one guard in the draft and likely to go before the Steelers pick, so say most mock drafts. But then, that's what everybody thought about DeCastro last year. If he is there when the Steelers pick, he's the best player available, so yeah, take him.

Your rationale makes good sense to me. The better the OL is, the better are the chances Ben stays healthy. As Ben goes, so go the Steelers. That's rather obvious from the last two seasons when he was injured, and in my opinion, not fully recovered at the end of the season. Yeah, I had a fractured rib. It took two months for me to get back to normal.
True.

He "should" go to the NYJets. He "should" go to the Titans. He "should" go to the Chargers. He "should" go to the Rams.

But, if he's there, I gotta think that he'd be the BAP. Even though Elam is "my guy", I am more & more leaning towards taking Warmack. With that monster of an O-line, ANY running back should be able to average 4+ yards per carry.

Plus... there's that BB guy to protect & stuff.

Really though, since BB would have 4-5 untarnished seconds (sometimes 7 seconds) to scan the field, the sacks would decrease, and in turn, he stays HEALTHY for the play-offs.

Good-bye, Elam. Hello, Warmack.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote