Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,786 Times in 3,797 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Mark Ingram Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I guess they forgot they were a throwing team when they drafted a runningback in the first round? My thinking is they were expecting more from Ingram than a 3.9 ypc. If Ingram was a better player he would be a bigger part of the offense. In the NFL most teams build around the talent they have- so if the Saints say that Ingram is not a feature back I will trust that because it is a well run organization. You really think he would be splitting carries if he was the next LT?

Yeah... let's trade a ProBowl OLB in Woodley for a guy who hasn't even sniffed a 1000 yard season.

Woodley will retire as the Steelers all-time sack leader... unless he gets traded for a middle-of-the pack running back.

You mean other than Mendenhall who averaged 1100 yards and 10 touchdowns on 4.1 ypc per season in the 3 years he was healthy?

---The bottom line is the Steelers need to re-sign Mendenhall. Re-sign Dwyer as a backup. There is nothing wrong with the running backs that a healthy OL and a good offseason won't fix. Dwyer's conditioning was garbage and he needs to get his ass in shape NOW!!!
I agree with almost all of this. Trading Woodley for an unproven and/or underperforming back is just silly. You're right about Mendenhall's talent. He's our only dynamic back. He's the only back that has the speed to run outside and is the only home run threat they have. He's also better in the passing game and is better in space. It's just his head I'm worried about.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote