View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,652 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Opinions on using an early round pick on QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
You don't go round 1 with a QB if you expect your incumbent franchise guy to be there 5 more years. 3 years, maybe. I could see us taking one at #4 or #5.
1st 3 rounds should be guys who can help the team this year.
you certainly aren't going to get any worse at the backup position - as much as I love Charlie and as much as I would at least keep him as #2 or #3 - he's earned either IMO - we do need another young guy that isn't going to get hurt from simply breathing like Leftwich (who I also like but is a wasted roster spot IMO). Get 1 this year in the last 2 rounds - even if it doesn't pan out in the long term plans - it will not make the depth at QB any worse. Who knows - might even be a diamond in the rough.

We def need impact players at 1-3, hoping a special teams player/guy of the future at 4, and wishful thinking for a guy with huge potential in the 5th - hell, all depends on position. As hard as I've been on Ben and his supporting cast - it wouldn't be totally out of the norm that they improve enough to get us into the playoffs - we saw a flash in the first half of what they could do - so, go defense in first 2, possible WR/RB in third?

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote