Old 02-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #22
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,728 Times in 970 Posts
Default Re: I'm thinking offense: New wrinkle that I'd like to see explored:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I think it's a really good idea. Houston runs a very similar offensive scheme that you're talking about with Schaub to Johnson and it works really, really well. You're absolutely right, though - in order to run this kind of offense, we need a legitimate and probably franchise RB to work from play-action and throw it downfield or on the move.

I think that Ben to Brown in this style of offense would be really effective. I think the pieces are there on the offensive line and WR corp, we just need a RB. If we were to draft someone like Marcus Lattimore or Mike Gillislee, then this offensive scheme would be hard to stop with our speedy possession receivers we have.

I like it.
I haven't seen to much of Houston over the last couple of years. But having seen Kubiak's offense from his Denver days I get your point.

One thing I do know about them is their OL is outstanding and cosidered by many to be the best in the league. Having a back like Foster, which we don't have at the moment, would certainly help a lot. At this point in life, this would be a wrinlke I'd actually enjoy getting......
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote