Old 06-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #27
Steel12
Banned

Member Number: 2397
Default Re: Biggest Sports Tool You've Come Across

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
Ironhead Heyward, god rest his soul.

When I lived in Oakland, my apartment faced the house in which he and some other players lived. I was a working guy, and I had to be out of the house by 7AM; they were off season and party-hearty.

One morning at about 4AM, the stereo at their house started BLASTING, ridiculously loud, jolted me wide awake. It kept playing. I pulled on some sweats and went down to the fence that separated the properties, and as loud as I could yelled, "TURN THAT SH*T DOWN!!!!!!" A moment later the music stopped, and Ironhead wobbled out the door toward me. He walked right up to the fence, looked me in the eye, and said, "I'm gonna f***ing kill you." I stood there for a second and said, "If you kill me then I don't have to get up and go to work in three hours." He said it again. I said, "I don't want any trouble, just turn the music down so that I can sleep." He said something like, "I do whatever the f*** I want," and I said whatever and went back to bed. But he didn't turn the music back on.

I imagine, with all the good things said about him, that he matured after that. That was the early '80s, and there was a lot of drug use among Pittsburgh athletes then (Pirate Parrot and all). I'm sure he was coked to the gills. There were a lot of stories about his bad behavior when he was at Pitt; he wasn't someone you wanted to run across during those years.

Tom
You are a very lucky man...lol
Steel12 is offline   Reply With Quote