Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #44
aa14
Banned

Member Number: 24529
My Mood: In Love
Thumbs down Re: Redskins name change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
No they don't. I lived and worked on a reservation in Arizona. The sports fans there rooted for every team named after Native Americans. It was a source of pride to them. Don't spout or swallow liberal propaganda.
You used to work on a reservation in one part of one state of one country in North America. With that experience you know Native American's collective attitude and experience with this particular moniker? That is gold. The boy growing up on the reservation in Arizona isn't going to have the same experience as a girl in an affluent suburb of Salt-lake city. He isn't going to have the same experience as the lone Native American boy that was in my class in the mid 90's. The kid in my class wasn't part of a collective or reservation. There was no exuded Native American pride. He sure as hell wasn't going to show up in a Redskin's coat or jersey or winter hat. I am relatively sure he would have believed that was the worst thing he could've done. I alluded in a previous post this boy's experience was probably not happening often and not the norm. That doesn't mean we should write him and this ten percent off as an outlier or "whiners". "Redskin" was used against him in a hateful way more than a few times. Just because everything is swell where you come from doesn't mean it's swell everywhere. Maybe "Redskin" is rarely used as a slur in most areas of North America but it was used as one where I grew up. The vernacular and lexicon of a population has huge variations with contrasting populations, even in North America. To label my personal experience as "liberal propaganda" is asinine and ignorant. Maybe I'm wrong and no one outside my hometown has been called "Redskin" in a derogatory manner and the 10% really are a bunch of over-sensitive "whiners" but nothing I've said comes from a political agenda. You don't know my political affiliation but everyone now knows the skewed angle you're coming from. Flame-bait political bullshit is incredibly insipid, try something else.

Last edited by aa14; 02-12-2013 at 12:50 AM.
aa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aa14 For This Useful Post:
tony hipchest (02-12-2013)