View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #95
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger is our John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I should have clarified. What I meant when I made that comparison is that "Ben lover" is considered an insult by rotten, hateful people who are offended that other people have no problem with the people who they have a vehement hatred for. Because it really makes no sense to insult people for reasons like that.
The term "Ben lover" has about as much to do with racism as the term "Ben nuthugger" or "Ben apologist" which is to say- absolutely nothing. You are actually the one using social stigma and pressure to force scottcurtis to conform to your views the same way racists originally used the "lover" term to force people to conform to theirs.

Scottcurtis does not like Roethlisberger because of the way he has conducted himself on and off the field. That is his opinion. He should be more careful to voice his criticism constrcuctively rather than just proselytizing people into hating Roethlisberger. However, scottcurtis has chosen to dislike Roethlisberger on the basis of Ben's own actions. He does not hold Roethlisberger's race, religion, creed or some other quality out of Roethlisberger's control against him as far as we know, and that completely seperates him from the ignorant tripe associated with racist ideologies.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
scottcurtis (02-12-2013)