View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #99
Blacksburg Zach
Team President
Supporter

Super Mario Flash Champion! Ragnarok Champion! Helicopter2 Champion!
Member Number: 24584
Thanked 2,369 Times in 923 Posts
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Ben Roethlisberger is our John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Terry Bradshaw? I think a QB who's absolute worst rating in 4 superbowls is 101 is very clutch.

Not to mention Bradshaw is tied with Montana for most consecutive playoff games with 2 or more TD passes with 7.

No player has ever stepped up his regular season play for the playoffs more than Bradshaw.

Elway's claim to fame? Beating the Browns in the AFC Championship only to lose to the Redskins 42-10 and finish with a rating of 36. The drive! The drive! Show me some highlights of his 3 interception Superbowl blowout please NFL Network- that's what he won with "The Drive."

Elway lost 3 Superbowls by 19 or more points (4 in total) before TD came along. There is no Elway "legacy" without TD. Period.
Elway was only part of the losing superbowl team three times. Superbowl xxi 39-20 to the giants, superbowl xxii 42-10 to the redskins, and superbowl xxiv 55-10 to the 49ers. The Broncos franchise lost super bowl xii to the cowboys, but Craig Morton was the Broncos quarterback in that game, but yeah, those three blowout superbowl losses are still pretty bad.

Last edited by Blacksburg Zach; 02-12-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo
Blacksburg Zach is offline   Reply With Quote