View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,757 Times in 1,584 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Let's just stick with Mendenhall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
For those who think mendenhall fumbles a lot here's a stat.

"So far through five seasons Mendenhall has fumbled the ball nine times and lost seven of those fumbles. That means he fumbles about every 105 times he touches the ball. For a better perspective that number is better than Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch, and Jamaal Charles.”

http://steelblitz.com/is-rashard-men...646/2013/02/13

Also another tid bit from this that article

"During Dwyer’s early college career he was a quick power back, but he is about 15-20 pounds heavier now. If the Steelers want a runner that can get to the edge they may have their guy in Dwyer. It will just require Dwyer to drop some weight and get back to sprinting. Dwyer was a All-State sprinter in high school he ran a 10.81 in the 100 meter dash, the second best time in the state of Georgia."
I can agree with this somewhat but it kills me to watch him dance in the backfield looking for and opening. I would love to see his stats on loss yardage it would probably be mind boggling. I just think we need a more productive back then what we got. I was probably one of the biggest Mendy fans they were when we drafted him but I don't feel that way anymore.