View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #39
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Let's just stick with Mendenhall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I still don't think you can glean much from that not showing up for the SD game.

He rushed his recovery to be there for the team (you can debate his motives, but without more info-- all you and I can do is make assumptions), only to be singled out for an offense that was by no means unique. It isn't like Mendy was dogging it in any of his previous seasons-- we always got a good effort from him.

Would be different if he were the only one who fumbled in that game, but he was only the 4th Steelers player to put the rock on the ground in that game. For Tomlin to single him out, and in the end, hurt the team by benching our best option at RB, was one of the few moves Tomlin has made since taking over that I will label as "stupid". It looks an awful lot like a double-standard or total hypocrisy.

Whoever pointed out that it seems like Tomlin just does not like Mendy, is absolutely correct I am thinking.

Granted, a no-show is not the correct way to handle that, but I can't really blame him for his reaction.
Not to mention that if anyone deserved a benching this season it was Wallace. Instead a guy who risked his health to come back early (for whatever his reasons) got benched. I'd be pissed.