View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #67
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,638 Times in 10,397 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Pittsburgh fire sale: The Steelers could lose every one of their FAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
The Steelers starting lineup is as average as it has been in years. Looking at our defense position by position Lebeau deserves all the credit in the world. So i'm not sure we have great depth.

Wallace and Brown were advertised as superstars, Green is a superstar, Wallace is a low number 1 wideout and Brown an average to good number 2.

DD looked great in college , but got pushed around like a bitch the starts he made at the end of the year. I hope with a injury free camp and season he turns out as projected. So at this point he has showed zip.

Hood is a good player. Questionable number 1 pick, but a good player.
You're not sure... the operative word(s) being "you're." As you stated: "you're" not paid to know who to draft, but people like Cosell & Dilfer are. I'm going to side with them.

Again, you're comparing a #4 overall pick with a R3 pick and a R6 pick. Bang for their buck, Wallace and Brown are great picks. They've each made the Pro-Bowl... which is... uh... good.

At times, DD looked great (goal-line TD where he blew his man backwards, opening a hole for the RB), and at times he got pushed around (Geno Atkins pushes around quite a few people in this league). Agreed: let's see how DD does after an off-season of recovery... and I expect greatness.

Agreed: Heyward needs to start.

Agreed: Hood is a questionable pick (some like him; some don't). But, if one looks at that draft, many of the other options had question marks. I was obviously high on Laurinaitis, but with Timmons & Farrior, there wasn't a pressing need (as there was for a DE). Also, I was high on two O-linemen (Unger & Levitre... as were the Steelers: evidenced by them trading back, once these two were off the board)... but, I would NOT have taken them at 32. Lastly, everyone points to Delmas, Byrd, & McCoy... but, with Troy & Clark in their primes, a safety was not going to see the field, and with Spinny being drafted the year prior, a RB was also not going to be taken that high. SUMMATION: Hood was the highest ranked player who filled a major need. Thus, I really can't argue against that pick.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote