Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,621 Times in 919 Posts
Default Re: Cook: It's time for LaMarr Woodley to focus on football

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
I have no problem with anonymous criticism by a player or out in the open criticism if the intention is to get a teammate to raise his sub-standard level of play.

Woodley sucked pure and simple. And he was fat. He regressed big time.

Hopefully he has some pride and this verbal kick in the ass motivates him to train harder.
I appreciate your position. I don't what or how anybody or anything that is going to light a fire under him, even himself. The guy has been paid more money than he knows what to do with, and has a few more bucks coming, if he can stay on the field. By the time he hits the field this year, most of that $61 million will have been paid out to him.

His main concern now is is health. Age wise he's pretty young, and should be able to land another decent contract when his current one expires, but he's going to have to remain in one piece until then to get it. I'm not looking for him playing balls out anytime soon under the circumstances, and will have to suffer through another two years of watching him playing patty cake with whatever TE or RB that happens to be in his area.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote