Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #27
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,114 Times in 3,036 Posts
Default Re: ESPN Insider: AFC North Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
again - the rankings are great - and, I got pretty sick to hear Ike Taylor on NFL Access highlighting that fact (as did Ryan Clark) - and, while that's great you don't give up a lot of yards on the ground or through the air - you also didn't get to the QB or steal the ball. That has to change.

How any of them could look at 8-8 and say "but, looky at this" is beyond me. Notice how we haven't heard a peep out of anyone on the O side of the ball.

Hmmm, wonder why?
well, after all is said and done the defense gets paid to keep the other team from scoring. We're not going to be able to keep all teams at 0, but if the D ends up 6th in the league in scoring then they've been pretty successful. Does that make an 8-8 season ok? no. But do the players need something to be proud of? yes they are human.

I'll always remember Kevin Greene after we lost to Dallas talking about the D holding Emmit to some 20 yards. I'm sure he would have rather won, but he was proud of the way they played. Same thing with Ike and Clark, they had an 8-8 season but they can still take some things away to be proud of.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (02-18-2013)