View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064
Default Re: Da'Rick Rogers - WR Tenn. Tech

As someone who has Watched UT football for the past 40 years..And Steeler football for the past 40 years.." WE DO NOT WANT DA'RICK ROGERS". He's a tremendous talent but also a tremendous head case. When Hunter went down their sophmore year..Rogers was the man but became such a cancer in the locker room and with coaches to deal with, ( He even got into shouting matches with the strength and conditioning coaches) that long time veteran coach Charlie Baggett ( he coached Moss and Carter with The Vkings, Coached "BAD MOON" Rison at Michigan State) left to go back to the NFL..."BABY SITTING ROGERS WAS A SUCH A PAIN IN THE BUTT". ( Before Rogers ever played a down at UT he was involved in a bar fight off campus that injured one cop)

This past season every one at UT couldn't wait for the debut of the trio of a healthy Hunter, Patterson and Rogers..I mean come on who you going to cover in that bunch? Rogers had been suspended from the team but had worked his way back ( Failed drug test)Former Coach Derek Dooley had raved about what a leader on and off the field Rogers had become then one week before the opener against North Carolina State Rogers was dismissed from the team.

Apparently he had flunked ANOTHER drug test and was going to have to sit for 4 games..Instead of taking the punishment..he got got abusive with Dooley and then Wr coach Darin Hinshaw and was sent packing down the road to Cookeville, Tn and Tennessee Tech..

He's a tremendous talent who's plays like Anquain Bolden. About the same size and plays the same way...But man you never know what kind of stunt he going to pull...I've always said he was a million dollar talent with a ten cent brain..

Whoever drafts this kid and gives him a lot of money better be prepared to go through a bunch of sleepless nights...

You might draft him in the lower rounds but I'd hold my breath with him on the roster.

When he was a freshman these pictures surfaced on the internet and Rogers and Vol fans caught Hell about "FAT WHITE CHICKS AND MIKE'S HARD ICE".http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=116900

Last edited by StevieRayVol; 02-18-2013 at 05:48 PM.
StevieRayVol is offline   Reply With Quote