View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #125
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Mike Wallace vs Swann, Ward etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I think Megatron has a legitimate shot at breaking most, if not all, of Rice's records. I mean, he was only what? 60-odd yards short of 2000 in a single season? A lot of people thought that wouldn't ever be possible, either.

If anyone is going to do it, it'll be CJ.
No. Not going to happen, and certainly not by a guy who's 6-5, 240. His knees will give out way before that happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Agreed. Moss broke his Rices touchdown record and CJ Broke his yards in a season record last year. I think before CJ retires he will own almost every record. Rice is awesome but Megatron is the most dominant WR Ihave ever seen . EVER
The single-season stuff will drop over time, but not the career stats. Randy Moss in his prime, with the NFL's best passing QB throwing to him, on an offense running on crack, beat Rice's receiving TDs record by one. Which is to say even the single-season stuff will take time.

Not to mention how the rules have been bent since Rice's time to distort the game. Rice started to see the beginnings of these rule changes before retiring, but he didn't he didn't really benefit from them. Ranking cross-generationally is tricky, probably impossible.