Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,176 Times in 1,350 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Ed: Foote Says Steelers Talking New Contract With Him

Larry Foote said today that the Steelers and his agent have been talking about a new contract for the 2013 season. Foote, who turns 33 in June, was the Steelers second leading tackler from his inside linebacker position in 2012, starting all 16 games. He also calls the signals for the defense. “Yeah,’’ Foote said on the 93.7 FM Morning Show in Pittsburgh today, “[the Steelers] and my agent have been talking back and forth. I guess it’s a money thing right now.’’ If so, Foote would become the first known unrestricted free agent to be in contract negotiations with the Steelers, who have indicated privately that they would like to have him back. Foote has played 11 seasons in the NFL, 10 of them with the Steelers, who drafted him in the fourth round in 2002 from Michigan. He played one season with the Detroit Lions, in 2010 after asking the Steelers to let him out of his contract. He signed back with them as a free agent in 2011 and returned to the starting lineup last season after they cut longtime starter James Farrior. Footed moved into the starting lineup in 2004 and remained there next to Farrior until his departure in 2010. Foote has said he would play for the Steelers or no one else in 2013. “I m just like a regular free agent,’’ Foote, who could not be reached for additional comment, told The Fan. “I’ll know sometime in March what my future will be.”

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...tract-with-him