Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,677 Times in 2,624 Posts
Default Re: LAPD cop killer cop on the loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I have to believe that you don't actually think it's acceptable standard practice for cops to shoot and kill black people driving a similar vehicle to Dorner's because they're black. A desperate man on the lam showed how easy it is not to kill people, while those who are here to serve and protect did quite the opposite. You don't see a lesson there somewhere?

The dude was a murderous nutcase. You'll get no argument from me. But as it turns out the police are more so - particularly the force that created him - and no one gives a shit.
I did not say that - you said he succeeded beyond his wildest dreams in "exposing" the racism and incompetence of the LAPD - my response is that business as usual will continue after this - if Rodney King did not straighten out the LAPD what will?

I do not condone the actions of the LAPD but concluded a long time ago given my line of work that anything that "keeps us safe" is going to be cut enormous slack by the general public, with an example that applies to anyone entering an airport being the indignities to which TSA randomly subjects people. It is not as if someone "important" like Nicole Simpson or the Blade Runner's hot blonde girlfriend got whacked by the LAPD, so the media will move on.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote