View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,138 Times in 2,641 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown says the Steelers’ locker room was divided last year

this has way more to do with just mike wallace. him, brown, sanders, and that tool wes saunders LOVED embracing and promoting the "YOUNG MONEY CREW".

hell some players were more concerned with their social profile stats than stats on the field (saunders- prime example). they believed their own self promotion and hype before they even did jack shit on the field, constantly trying to score pu$$y for nothing more than being signed and flashing some cash (marcus gilbert?)

pouncey was ripped for promoting his rapper friends new album via social media mere hours after the playoff loss to denver. gilbert ripped the city of pgh for having a lame social and nightlife compared to florida.

you have a young secondary who cant relate with and share completely different interests with the likes of ike and family men troy and clark.

the white veterans like ben, keisel, legursky, and then harrison have common interests in outdoors and hunting.

there was a ping pong crew, then you have players who simply seem aloof (mendenhall, miller).

a ton of fans were dying to cut dead weight such as aaron smith, farrior, and ward, but i knew they were the glue. theres a reason tomlin kept smith on the roster and in the locker room and rode the wave all teh way to SB in dallas. (a year our QB who theoretically should be the leader was suspended for 6 weeks- reduced to 4).

i wasnt suprised we were .500. the same shit happened after 2005 when we lost leaders von oelhoffen, bettis, and randel el (who we brought back to help reach the sb again in 2010).

leadership isnt overrrated. it doesnt come in a can and it isnt manufactured. look what it did for ray lewis and the ravens. say what you want about the bastard, but he led them and delivered on his word. suprisingly 2nd year qb big ben did the same in 2005 when he delivered a fairy tale retirement in his hometown of detroit..

then he led by example and crashed and burned. the 2006 steelers did the same.