View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

I 'm going to be sorry to see Wallace go, but I just can't see how it works out for him in Pittsburgh. I've given up hope. He won't play well unless he's happy, and he won't be happy unless he's greatly overpaid - and his performance over the past two seasons has been such that you can't feel good about taking the chance to overpay him. And in fact, he should be worth a lot less today than he was a year ago.

Just a bummer all around, but the Steelers need productive, happy players who want to contribute. Just a bad situation. Wish him good lock in Miama, but it would have been so wonderful it it had worked out here here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Chiefs Release WR Steve Breaston, A Favorite Of Todd Haley
Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 at 6:17 pm by Dave Bryan

The Steelers still have veteran Jerricho Cotchery under contract for 2013, but there is a chance that he could become a salary cap causality at the beginning of March as he is due to earn a base salary of $1 million. If that indeed were to come to fruition then Breaston could be a minimum contract free agent addition.
If we can't afford Cotchery for $1 mil, then we are screwed - because that's an excellent value.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote