Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,010 Times in 7,603 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steve Breaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its been well known that good running backs can typically come in and be productive (#1 back) starters their 1st year out of college.

it has also been well known that it typically takes wr's 3 years to "get" the position (save for the elite such as megatron and andrae johnson). see- jacoby jones, crabtree etc.

Iwould sab brown and sanders are right on schedule with their development. they each had 300+ receptions in college and caught everything thrown their way in the early years before they were thrust into starting roles.

i think they were broth pressing last year, trying to be the next "great" steelers wr (like their mentor hines ward).

lets keep in mind hines didnt break out until 2001 and wasnt considered a legitimate threat as a possible #1 wr until 2003 and the "tommy gun" offense with plaxico on the other side.

i generally think deion sanders is an idiot, but he has seen and studied every wr corps in the nfl for the past 20 years. i believe him last year when he said the "young money" trio was the most talented group in the league.

they had issues. they pressed. they fell short of expectations.

it happens. i dont think its a trend or permanent problem.
Great post.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote