View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000
Default First mock- Pre combine mock

I will conduct three mock drafts one before the combine, one after we find a little more about our team during free agency and one right before the draft.

Round 1 - kenny vaccaro Texas safety.
Sitting at 17 we will have a lot of options come draft time, we could be looking at the best guard, wr, safety, te, rb, ilb so there will be plenty of options so it will be interesting to see what we do. However as of right now I believe vaccaro would be a great value for us at 17th. Now he probably won't start but would def play in nickel situations. A very good talent good in run good n coverage, very little flaws to his game. We have nothing behide Troy and Ryan so getting our future safety is key this draft.

Round 2 - Robert woods USC wr.
If we go defense first we must go offense second. Woods had a great 2011 campaign but had a little drop off last year. Good speed good hands deep threat and ran a lot of short to intermediate routes in college. I really like this guy and I really think we need to draft a wr in the first 3 rounds.

Round 3 - Travis kelce cinn. Te
Now I know I lot of people like Escobar but kelce to me is the te in this draft that most resembles Heath. Travis is a great blocker probably the best blocking te in the draft, cinn often ran the ball behide him a lot. Not just a great blocking but he has good hands with decent speed. If protecting Ben is a major issue than drafting a very good blocking te is key and kelce fits the mold.

Round 4 - mike Gillesie Florida rb.
Three offensive players is a row? Yes as of right now I think the offense needs to be improved during the draft. Mike would fit good in a zbs, good speed, finds the holes, doesn't dance, and a good blocker, catches pretty well, and has a lot of trend on the tires.

Round 5 - Gerald hodges penn state lb
Now it might be a stretch saying he will last this long but if he does he will provide very good depth. Someone who could play outside or inside depending on what the coaches want to do. I know a lot of people might think this is to late to be drafting a lb but as of right now without free agency I think we can put it on the back burner a little because I think worilds still has a chance to be good and spence and sly a ?s at this point.

Round 6 - James Wilson Florida guard
Just adds depth, did well this year blocking for Gillesie and we love Florida oline men

Round 7 - Lewis-Moore Norte dame de
This kid had a great year playing the 3-4 end but sadly got injured in the bcs game. If he can get healthy he would provide depth and completion on the d line.

It's is a very offensive minded mock draft and it will mostly like change after the combine and free agency. But I think our offense needs to improve and this will provide a good starting point.
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote