Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,509 Times in 10,349 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Hunt for three key draftees heats up for Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
The Steelers were #1 total defense,#1 Passing defense but #14 Passing offense and #22 Rushing the ball. I understand that this years draft has an awesome crop of defensive talent but it seems that the Steelers need a lot more help offensively, allowing Lacy to pass the Steelers by seems flat out dumb. If the Steelers used #1 on Lacy and missed out on a DT or LB isn't the draft deep enough to find one in the 3rd or 4th? The team is well equipped at WR even after releasing Wallace but really could benefit from a TE,maybe I'm missing something
1. The offense has youth. All of these starters are three years in or less (25 years or younger):
AB, Sanders, Pouncey, DD, Gilbert, Adams... even Beachum.

The three RBs (Redman, Dwyer, Batch), while not very effective, are young, too.

BB and Heath are the only two "old" guys.

2. The four "blue chip" O-linemen have NEVER played a down together. There is a lot of promise (assuming that they stay healthy). The thought is that if they play well, those three "average" RBs will be running through HUGE holes & gaining 4 YPC.

3. Lacy at 17: NO.
Lacy in R2: OKAY.
There is better value at 17 than Lacy... even on the offensive side of the ball. If you want offense, Chance Warmack & Tavon Austin are better players; heck, John Cooper is a better value than Lacy.

4. The drop-off between Lacy and (let's say) Gillislee is not very big... but, Gillislee can be had in R3.

5. The defense is oooooold. The safeties are both gone after this season. Harrison might be gone now. And, Foote... well, you've read those threads.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote