View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #69
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left in the third period of Friday’s game against the Panthers at CONSOL Energy Center after falling awkwardly into the boards and did not return.

“In terms of an injury update on Evgeni Malkin, he went into the boards hard there behind the net,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said after the game. “He left on his own accord and is getting further evaluated this evening. We’ll know more (Saturday). But again, he left on his own accord and skated off.”

On the play, Malkin was skating hard to the Panthers net when he got tangled up with defenseman Erik Gudbranson and crashed hard into the boards behind the cage. Malkin stayed down on the ice for a few moments and was attended to by Penguins athletic trainer Chris Stewart. Malkin went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game.
I read on The Pensblog that Malkin is experiencing concussion symptoms, following that hit. Judging by the look of it, I fully understand and believe that he did experience a concussion. The manner in which his head snapped backwards was gruesome. Very nasty to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Good game tonight.....Pens 3 Panthers 1
Still alot of turning the puck over but never the less a good win!
Penguins let the Panthers hang around in the game. We were fortunate to tie the game at 1 in the 2nd. Whew! I thought it was going to go downhill after we gave up the first goal. But great work to battle back, tie it up, and then take the lead in the 3rd.

Pens definitely got lucky with some breaks, but again, Flower made some GREAT saves. Kept the team in the game. Weathered the storm by the Panthers at times. Hard fought win against a team coming off a blowout in Philly.

Let's hope we see Fleury in net again on Sunday night against Tampa Bay. I would think Vokoun would play against Florida on Tuesday night. I wonder what Bylsma has up his sleeve.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
stb_steeler (02-23-2013)