Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #58
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Ravens ahead of Steelers, but change can come quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
How are the Ravens "ahead" of the Steelers?

If we are talking about a historical perspective, it's not even close. The Steelers are lightyears ahead of the Ravens in terms of success, tradition, and fan base.

What about the present? I think the Steelers are in a different phase than the Ravens. Pittsburgh is starting to experience age on defense, have to work with cutting spending on big contracts, and having to turnover their veterans and bring in some younger players through free agency or the draft. But that's not new. Every team goes through it. It's just that different teams go through it at different times. It's part of the game.

If you want to argue Baltimore is "younger" than Pittsburgh, then okay, I agree. They have more young "up and coming" players than Pittsburgh at RB, WR, and a few positions on defense. So what though? The Steelers have plenty of young guys, but they have to step up and make an impact. If they can do that, then I don't see why these teams aren't on the same page here.
Nothing matters except RIGHT NOW......RIGHT NOW they are the Champs. I can;t stand the Ravens and never will but at this point they are the team to beat. Great motivation!!
harrison'samonster (02-23-2013)