View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Is Heath Miller Worth 8 Million / Year Now?

I don't think you can do much to speed the healing of an ACL injury. Of course he'll "train his ass off," but the recovery period before that's possible is long. His injury occurred at the end of the year, so it's hard to really expect much at all from him in the 2013 season. Anything we get from Heath next year is a bonus.

Having said that, this is something I always wonder about. If a played is injured, is it really the case that the missed time counts against the cap? That seems wrong. Also, I assume that insurance policies held by the Steelers reduces the actual dollar hit. There must be some kind of procedures in place to allow a team to ride out a season-killing injury in a way that's fair to the owners and the player. Anybody know the options?

Good topic to discuss, but a healthy Heath Miller in his early 30's is well worth $8m/yr in my opinion - he's top notch at an important skill position. But we're talking about minimal production in 2013, full production in 2014.

The black and gold ostrich of rebuilding denial.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote