View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,519 Posts
Default Re: Steals aplenty

I can see how easy it is to fall in love with guys at the combine based on the measurables. It's very impressive what some of these guys can do. I try to focus on the guys that always jumped off the screen when watching them play the games, then see how they stack up with times, jumps, strength, etc....But to me, doing it in pads is what really tells you what a kid can do. I use the measurables to confirm what my eyes have already told me. I know that it matters how fast someone is in shorts, but it matters most how fast they play in pads. This drafting thing is harder than it sounds and looks!

Smith looks good. I love watching the Wr that catch the ball with their hands. They look so natural catching the ball. Ball skills, adjusting to the ball in the air, hands, and route running. These things are the most important to me. If they can also run fast, you may have a winner. Even with all that said, the heart that a WR plays with, the confidence, and the want is something that really seperates the great from the good.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote