View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #28
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,721 Times in 4,787 Posts
Default Re: Is Heath Miller Worth 8 Million / Year Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
I think teegre has it exactly right. I don't see the Steelers letting Heath get away. This is a deal that will happen.
I don't want it to. If we restructure Heath, we're putting ourselves in another shitty cap situation in the future. We need to cut our losses here - he had a serious ACL injury. He's on the wrong side of 30. His name isn't Adrian Peterson and he's not worth 8 million dollars.

The guy a couple posts above me is absolutely right - he's a huge asset to the offensive line. Fortunately, guys like Escobar, Williams and Bennett and Walker share the qualities that Miller brings to the table. That, and I don't know how much more babysitting he's going to have to do with Adams on that right side. Adams was improving with every snap and, until he was injured, was starting to come into his own without Miller there. Even if he does struggle, a guy like Escobar (who I'm starting to get very high on) could be there to help in pass protection scenarios. Something as small as a chip and into the flat play which Heath seems to specialize in, it gives Adams enough time to get into his technique and use his strength to push the pass rusher to the outside.

He's not worth 8 million dollars guys. Say what you will, but he's coming off of a serious injury and I very much doubt he'll be ready for week 1 this year. While I can see an injury clause in his contract, that's delaying the inevitable. What we can't do, however, is restructure. We just can't. We can't keep pushing money farther and farther down the line and keep setting us up for more cap situations like the one we're already in right now. Grabbing someone like Escobar and/or Williams helps set up life after Ben as well, and provides whomever we get to take over the reigns a viable option like Heath was for Roethlisberger.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote