SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 7,291 Times in 3,159 Posts
Default Re: Hunt for three key draftees heats up for Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Using similar logic, but swapping the first two rounds for S and OLB, how does this sound?

S
OLB
WR / TE
S

R1: S: Matt Elam, Kenny Vaccaro
R2: OLB: Corey Lemonier (Khaseem Greene)
R3: WR: Swope, Dobson, Hamilton, Patton TE: Escobar
R4: S: Swearinger, Rambo, McDonald, Williams (either one), Motta
I saw you post this and I thought I responded but apparently I didn't hit submit. So, here we go again!

I don't have a problem with that at all. If that's the way they go, I'm all for it actually. However, specific guys have to be off the board for this to be done. Jordan, Mingo and Moore all have to be off the board for me to feel comfortable with that. Also, I'd only take Elam if we find someone to trade down with (which, by the way, is looking more and more likely. I have a feeling that Warmack and Cooper are both going to be there at 17 and someone like the Vikings, Packers or Patriots are going to offer to trade. Or the 49ers who have 14 picks). I like the Lemonier pick, too, and I feel as if he's sorta flying under the radar. I won't critique your other picks because you wrote this pre-combine, but there's a couple of WRs who made my jaw drop today. I feel as if Escobar in the third round is an absolute must if he's there. You convinced me, brah - the kid is forreal.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote