Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #45
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,067 Posts
Default Re: Offensive Line is STILL a big problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
I agree with most of what you're saying, with a few exceptions. (1) You don't mention Gilbert's big second year regression, and that's a big warning sign to me. You never want to see a 2nd year player regress. This year will be important for him, but it's no lock. (2) I don't think Foster is NFL-starter material, but he's OK as a backup. (3) You don't mention the depth problem, and that's big. An OL needs some depth, something that we can definitely appreciate around here.

I'm assuming that Colon, Starks and Foster are gone - at least 2 of the 3. So that's why I say that "the OL is STILL a problem." But, let me also say that I'm very happy with the progress that we've made from a few years ago, and optimistic. It's just that we're definitely not there yet; the hole we're digging out of was very deep indeed.
Gilbert only played 5 games and was placed on injured reserve. How can you judge a players "regression" when he didnt play that much? He should have been given reps at LT instead of Adams from the start of training camp.

Lack of depth?? Steelers havent had depth in over 10 years. Keydrick Vincent, Sean Mahan, Legursky, Tony Hills?? Cant have many pro bowlers for depth in the salary cap era.