Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,784 Times in 7,516 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Everyone says Warmack is the best guard to come out of college the last 10 years ago but they also said that last year about DeCastro. As for Warmack, I would love to have him but would pass. If we took him we would be screwed two years down the road when Clark, Harrison, Troy and Miller are all gone and we don't have a safety, a second OLB or another ILB. We need a safety or a linebacker for now and for the future
IMO DeCastro is the best OG in the past decade. Warmack smothers people, but DD can pull & block in the second level like a 305 lb. FB. I have not seen an OL play like that since... Dermontti Dawson.

Trust me, I still want an OLB & a S... and an ILB. But, if Warmack drops, he has to be "considered."

The Viking had Chris Carter and Jake Reed, but Denny Green to the "BAP"... and Moss had a season for the ages. Likewise, the Steelers already have a solid O-line, full of young R1 & R2 draft picks... but, if Warmack is there, they have to consider drafting him (if they deem him to be the "BAP").

Lastly, this is a deep, deep draft for S. Not that I want them to wait this long, but they could get Rambo & Williams in R3 & R4 (maybe even R4 & R5). Make sense?

Last edited by teegre; 02-25-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: typo
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote