View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #261
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
IMO DeCastro is the best OG in the past decade. Warmack smothers people, but DD can pull & block in the second level like a 305 lb. FB. I have not seen an OL play like that since... Dermontti Dawson.

Trust me, I still want an OLB & a S... and an ILB. But, if Warmack drops, he has to be "considered."

The Viking had Chris Carter and Jake Reed, but Denny Green to the "BAP"... and Moss had a season for the ages. Likewise, the Steelers already have a solid O-line, full of young R1 & R2 draft picks... but, if Warmack is there, they have to consider drafting him (if they deem him to be the "BAP").

Lastly, this is a deep, deep draft for S. Not that I want them to wait this long, but they could get Rambo & Williams in R3 & R4 (maybe even R4 & R5). Make sense?
I also think that Swearinger will be available in RD2, we have a couple of immediate needs, IMO, and I don't believe OL is one of them. LB and safety top that list, with RB and WR coming in behind. All have to be taken somewhere and we cant pick all in Round 1, LOL. All this being said if Warmack drops he would be intriguing at 17. Either way I thnk we will have a pretty good draft with some immediate help.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick5895 For This Useful Post:
teegre (02-25-2013)