Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,695 Times in 4,775 Posts
Default Re: Hunt for three key draftees heats up for Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
OLBs: They'll likely all be gone.

ELAM: True. While I want Elam on the Steelers, the smartest move would be to trade back & draft him at 25ish. Actually, if John Cyprien keeps gaining momentum, Elam could drop into R2.

ESCOBAR: I am pleased to have convinced you. I watched Escobar many a night, and the kid is Aaron Hernandez. He also reminds me quite a bit of Heath Miller, in the sense that Ryan Lindley played like BB: scramble around, look downfield, and then hit Escobar to convert the third down. Escobar actually had a better sophomore season (better QB)... so, he actually lost some draft status... and now, with his bad combine, he would be a R4 steal for the Steelers. R3 makes a ton of sense, and I would gladly applaud his selection in that round.
Well, we're going to have to "settle" for Mingo because Jordan had an insane combine. I mean, settling for Mingo is still one of the better picks in the draft but I really, really wanted Jordan. Damontre Moore is also in the conversation - he had a terrible conversation and 12 reps on the bench is unacceptable. His stock just dropped considerably.

I'd take Escobar in the third. Means Lattimore in the second, though. So, we can't take a Safety until at least R4 which could be a problem.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote