View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Steel Glory
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15586
Default Let's talk linebackers

So linebacker prospects. I just want to look at a few of them that stood out to me. Feel free to discuss others you liked or were disappointed with.

Dion Jordan:
Absolutely killed it today. I didn't know this but he used to play wide receiver. He has amazing speed and is one of the most fluid players. He can bend very, very well and looked great dropping into coverage. This guy has pretty much pushed himself out of our reach with this performance.

Damontre Moore:
Killed his stock. Ran a slow 40 and only put up 12 repetitions on the bench press. Raises questions about his training. This may push him out of the top 10 if he can't redeem himself. Steelers will look at him but seeing his performance makes him questionable in my eyes. Disappointing.

Corey Lemonier:
Ran fast. Faster than I expected with a 4.60. He also bulked up to 255 pounds. He now has the ideal size and frame to be a 3-4 outside linebacker. Though he was a little stiff, he looked good in the drills and put up 27 reps on the bench, a solid number.

Manti Te'o:
How disappointing. He hasn't helped his stock with his field work, even though he killed his interviews. He only has one speed, which isn't very fast and he only looked okay in the drills. He looked like he was trying to hard and one point even fell after losing his feet under him.

Cornelius Washington:
Surprised here. Washington was coming in as a possible Day 3 flier. However, he was a workout warrior. At 6-4, 255 lbs, he ran the second fastest official time of 4.55 and had 36 reps on the bench to go with a 39 in vert and huge broad jump. All significant of explosiveness. He was tops or near tops in every measurable.

Zavier Gooden:
Finally, this guy destroyed the combine. Fastest linebacker out there. He came in at 6-1, 234 pounds. He also put up 27 reps on the bench press, same as Lemonier, which is ridiculous because he was practically benching his own weight. Gooden played as an OLB at Missouri but is undersized. He was recruited to be a safety but became an OLB instead.... He didn't look as natural in reverse as he did running downhill and because of this and because of his background at safety, I think if he can bulk up a little, he can be an ILB project.
Steel Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steel Glory For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (02-25-2013), SteelersCanada (02-25-2013)