Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,419 Times in 4,681 Posts
Default Re: Let's talk linebackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Glory View Post
Dion Jordan:
Absolutely killed it today. I didn't know this but he used to play wide receiver. He has amazing speed and is one of the most fluid players. He can bend very, very well and looked great dropping into coverage. This guy has pretty much pushed himself out of our reach with this performance.
I've been high on this kind since October. Look, he's going to be a monster. There was a lot of talk on these boards about how he couldn't be a 3-4 player because of his height, weight and how he was an overrated 4-3 DE and wouldn't fit as a 3-4 OLB. Now, the ignorance in that last statement is astounding but I'd be willing to bet they're eating their words - he absolutely did kill it today. He looked like a stud.

The guy projects to me like Aldon Smith. He's fast and can use his speed and acceleration to get around Tackles in the NFL. I'm not going to judge him by his 40 time as others are, but it's great to know he had an excellent vertical (swat down passes a la Watt) and really opened eyes during the drills. This is the kind of player I wouldn't mind us trading up to get. Now, all that being said, we might not have to trade up far. With the way the offensive line looked and pressing need for DTs, I feel as if Jordan is going to be pushed back. The only team that would take a run at him in the first 10 are the Jets, and I feel like Rex is going to take Ansah there as a project he can work with. Guys like Jones, Jordan, Mingo and Moore are all going to be pushed back as teams reach for Quarterbacks and LTs in this draft.

I'd give up a fourth and a fifth to trade with someone like the Panthers at 14. In all likelihood, Sheldon Richardson will be on the board at 17 so the Panthers would be keen on trading down, picking up a couple extra picks and then taking Richardson to shore up their DLine. If we're serious about shoring up our pass rush, Jordan is the place to start. Let Butler work with him and improve his technique and he'll be a force on that right side opposite Woodley.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Steel Glory (02-25-2013)