SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,990 Times in 4,251 Posts
Default Re: Robinson: Manti Teo, Steelers could be perfect couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
you could say that about the secondary and WRs as well. Honestly the main question is how do they play? Remember there are always work-out warriors who look great but there's always going to be somebody else who just plays great football.
At least with WRs and CBs they'd be running 40+ yards on streak routes either trying to cover or trying to get separation using speed. I mean, honestly, when is a Linebacker going to be running 40 yards down the field to make a play? Like Akbar Gbajabiamila said earlier today - the most a 'Backer is going to run to make a tackle / play is 20 yards and even that seems high.

I can see why WRs and CBs speed would be taken into account before drafting them, I honestly can. It's just funny to me that people are judging this kid by his 40 time and his vertical jump. When would that ever play a factor in terms of his ability to stuff the run or make a play in the backfield? Does it show he would struggle against TEs and slot WRs? Sure, I suppose. I think you hit the nail on the head, though - it comes down to whether or not they can play ball. Even that is up in the air for Te'o now, though.

It's not a 4.8, but Beason and Bowman both ran 4.7. Speed ≠ talent and football ability, guys. Keep that in mind.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote