Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,637 Times in 7,861 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
I also think that Swearinger will be available in RD2, we have a couple of immediate needs, IMO, and I don't believe OL is one of them. LB and safety top that list, with RB and WR coming in behind. All have to be taken somewhere and we cant pick all in Round 1, LOL. All this being said if Warmack drops he would be intriguing at 17. Either way I thnk we will have a pretty good draft with some immediate help.
I've seen Swearinger mocked everywhere from late R1 to R5. Regardless of when he goes, I like that kid.

Imagine a secondary with Elam & Swearinger as the safeties. Oh man!!! WRs would NOT want to go across the middle.

Now, I know that the rules favor DBs who are finesse (not slobber-knockers like Elam & Swearinger), but for me... I've always been a Rodney Harrison fan. Don't get me wrong: we don't necessarily want Lee Flowers... who could hit like a LB, but was a liability in coverage.

[Note: Flowers was once voted, by other players, as the second hardest-hitting player in the entire NFL. Not just the second hardest-hitting safety; the second hardest-hitting player at ANY position. Again, the dude "brought it."]

Tangent aside, the good news is that both Elam & Swearinger can cover just about as good as they can hit (e.g. Swearinger has played CB).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote