View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #117
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Sid tells it like it is

"The last couple of games, I don't think it's been too good," said Crosby. "For whatever reason, we've been pretty loose with our coverage and made it pretty easy on the two teams we've played the last couple of games. I think that the focus has to be on our work ethic and making sure it's there every night.

"We have to realize we can't show up and win. We're a good team when we work hard as a group. We can't expect to show up in team's buildings on the road, just put our gear on and expect to win. We're a good team, but we're better than the last couple of games."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417199
Thanks for sharing this story. I concur. The Penguins just can't "show up" and expect to win on the road (yet alone for any game!). The other team is going to come out pumped up with the crowd behind them. Add the fact they know they are playing Pittsburgh, Sidney Crosby, and a top team in the league, and that FORCES Pittsburgh to have to play tough.

IMO the Penguins have to be the aggressor. Run your offense, dump the puck, start cycling it in the offensive zone - get something going! Put pressure on the opposition. If it bites you in the bum, recover and realize what you did wrong. That's why there are coaches on the bench who sit there and watch the plays (aside from where the puck is).
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote