View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,357 Posts
Default Re: Starkey: Steelers taking unfair hits

was it Tony that remarked about getting certain types of players that don't care about being a Steeler and moving to the South?

Sounds a little silly but Hines was a Georgia boy and managed to have a great career here - only difference is that he wasn't a "THUG 4 LIFE" - sure, he held out but he wasn't half assing it before cashing in

its got to be hard to read talents' attitudes - just hoping we get a guy that embraces the Steelers way in terms of work ethic and what it means to put on that black and gold. Loyalty is rare - I don't need a guy to live and die in Pittsburgh - I just want players that appreciate what it would mean to carve a starting or HOF-discussion worthy career with the Steelers. If they can't stay because the numbers don't match up or its the end of the line - I get it, but seeing dipshits like Mendy and Wallace make me want to throw up - it is a definite arrow down in terms of character strength - fortitude and commitment to a team almost always gets a guy farther than some of these dough snatchers who blow it all away anyways - all off the field womanizing aside

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote