View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #31
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679
Default Re: Baltimore Ravens will open 2013 season on road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
It's part of being the SB Champ. I think if the Orioles won the World Series and say, had a big game and/or series scheduled that would conflict with a Ravens game, I would bet the Ravens and the NFL would do everything they could to accommodate the O's. I think it's a sign of respect when two franchises from the same city help each other out in times like this. I remember on a few occasions the Pittsburgh franchises helped the other out in terms of scheduling. I remember the Pirates were willing to move up the time of their games from night to afternoon to accommodate a Penguins playoff game, and/or a Steelers preseason game. (Can't think of the exact year off the top of my head, but I remember it has been done)

To me it's just a shame that this conflict is greater than that. Why can't the O's play a doubleheader on that Friday?

Personally I would like to see any team that wins the Super Bowl be able to enjoy all the media, festivities, events for their fans, etc. before the season starts, all culminating with the Opening Night game. It's part of the championship experience. I think it's going to be very unfortunate for the Ravens if they open on the road. They will lose out on the tradition the NFL has had in place for about 10 years now. Hate Baltimore or not, it's not fair to them, IMO.
Completely agree, sucks for their fan base who would have gone to the game too
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote