tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,967 Times in 4,545 Posts
Default Re: pocono 500- who to watch/ who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
time for a boring, follow the leader race. it seems crazy to not count jimmy johnson, matt kenseth, and tony stewart as the favorites to win. all 3 posted top 10 finishes but this race will come down to track position. if youre not out front you wont likely be able to turn the quickest laps. denny hamlin has the pole. he should have a good run. he won kurt bush starts on the front row. he won here last year with rusty wallace as a runner up. he finished 2nd and brian vickers looked to dominate but faded. nice 4th place finish with the adversity his team is facing (he asked hendrick for permission to find a new team) he could finally crack through. this should be the week for fantasy "b" drivers. hamlin, vickers all rcr teams should do well. burton and harvick have got to be disappointed with a 9th and 13th place finish kahne should have a dominant run. not dominant buy any means, but still good.

1. b. vickers 4th
2. k. kahne 7th
3. j. burton 9th
4. kurt bush 2nd
5. t. stewart 3rd
6. m. martin 17th
my top 5 all finished in the top 10. good day. stewart made a hell of a run. and hamlin is making bobby lABONte roll over in his "Im ready to retire" grave. great saves by riggs, hamlin, biffle, especially when it looked like their days were through.

i was wrong about this being a boring race, even though it was alot of the same old follow the leader crap. great race with lots of pit strategies being played out. plenty of contenders fell by the wayside and fought their way back.

nice to see gordon hop out of hids car and inspect the brakes. 5 years ago we would be wondering if hed be racing next weekend. that being said he may wanna consider brian vickers route. it must suck to have the credentials he has and play 3rd fiddle to johnson and bush. its wierd to say earnhardt jr. is an old man in this sport. if he dont do it soon, he never will.

and as many people who gave their predictions this week im suprised noone accurately predicted the winner or any top 5 finishing spot. kudos to deiselman and myself for being the only ones to pick hamlin and stewart in their top 5. thats gibbs power right there.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 06-11-2006 at 07:25 PM.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote