View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #72
steelersforever58
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24184
Default Re: Steelers should go no huddle a lot more often

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
No one said he was incapable of running it. If someone said that they would be wrong. The closing drive of Superbowl XLIII was one of the greatest drives ever by any quarterback and that was Roethlisberger running the no-huddle offense.

Roethlisberger is better at operating a conventional offense than the no-huddle and his career ratings in both areas reflect that. Furthermore, Roethlisberger is preaching to the choir when he whines to the media- Todd Haley commented before the 2012 season he intended to run more no-huddle.

If someone could find some stats on the no-huddle for last year that would be great. (I'm looking at you Hawaai 5-0).

I am fairly certain Haley had Roethlisberger run more no-huddle than he ever has.
My perception may be all wrong, but I don't recall seeing hardly any no-huddle. Thos e of you who want to bring up stats showing Ben is better in a traditional offense as opposed to no-huddle, I would say he hasn't had enough opportunities in the no-huddle to truly compare. I want to see 25-30 plays a game for 4-6 games and see what his stats look like.
steelersforever58 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelersforever58 For This Useful Post:
cowherpower (04-23-2013)