Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,200 Times in 2,561 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: NBA center Jason Collins just came out

Actor Neil Patrick Harris

Neil Patrick Harris
@ActuallyNPH
Bravo, @JasonCollins34! Thanks for stepping up. For standing tall. And at 7 feet, that's saying a lot.
17 MINUTES AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
Austrian-born actor and former fashion model Boris Kodjoe

Boris Kodjoe
@BorisKodjoe
Congrats to 11-year NBA vet Jason Collins for taking the courageous step to come out as the first openly gay pro... fb.me/1GZD1C93A
22 MINUTES AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
Jason Collins' Wizards teammate Garrett Temple

Garrett Temple
@GTemp14
Much respect to my teammate @jasoncollins34 for being #real
40 MINUTES AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
ESPN's Mike Tirico

MikeTirico
@miketirico
May today's voices of support offset the trepidation leading up to this day. In admiration of your courage @jasoncollins34.
41 MINUTES AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
ICYMI: This Week's Cover of Sports Illustrated

This Week's Cover: The Gay Athlete STORY: bit.ly/12J9el5 COVER: http://pic.twitter.com/zG3fQvm9vo
SPORTS ILLUSTRATED@SINOW·3 HOURS AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
Philadelphia 76ers' Damien Wilkins

Damien Wilkins
@dwilkins3000
Very proud of and happy for one of the coolest and most down to earth guys I know @jasoncollins34. #Fwhatpplthink
2 HOURS AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
Former Spurs player Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen
@Bowen12
Really hope people will RESPECT Jason Collins for his decision to come out. Just glad he can now relax and not be afraid to be who he is.
Stanford Assistant Basketball Coach, Mark Madsen

Mark Madsen
@madsen_mark
Played NBA +college w/ @Jasoncollins34 -tremendous human being and PHENOMENAL teammate, leader, friend.Look forward 2his continued success!
AN HOUR AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
Former Celtics guard, Kenny Anderson

Kenny Anderson
@chibbs_1
Jason Collins much respect,Stay up my guy!
American comedian and late night talk show announcer, Andy Richter

Andy Richter
@AndyRichter
Wow. Viva @jasoncollins34 ! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mag...yer/?mobile=no
Quote from Thunder F Kevin Durant

John Rohde
@RohdeOK
@KDTrey5 on Jason Collins: "If he's happy, that's cool with me. Seems like a great guy ... I support him."
Nuggets' Kenneth Faried

Kenneth Faried
@KennethFaried35
Wow this is amazing all smiles.. So so happy Jason Collins came out & announce he was openly GAY ALL SUPPORT OVER HERE #ATHLETEALLY #LGBT
Russell Simmons (Third richest figure in hip hop)

John Rohde
@RohdeOK
@KDTrey5 on Jason Collins: "If he's happy, that's cool with me. Seems like a great guy ... I support him."
Nuggets' Kenneth Faried

Kenneth Faried
@KennethFaried35
Wow this is amazing all smiles.. So so happy Jason Collins came out & announce he was openly GAY ALL SUPPORT OVER HERE #ATHLETEALLY #LGBT
Russell Simmons (Third richest figure in hip hop)

Russell Simmons
@UncleRUSH
proud of Washington Wizards' player Jason Collins (@JasonCollins34) for coming out. we will stand with you as you continue on your journey.
3 HOURS AGOREPLYRETWEETFAVORITE
Lakers PG Steve Nash

Steve Nash
@SteveNash
The time has come. Maximum respect. RT @Baron_Davis: I am so proud of my bro @jasoncollins34 for being real. ... tmi.me/TGSBh
Kansas City Royals Pitcher Aaron Crow

Aaron Crow
@acrow43
Good for Jason Collins. I'd be proud to call him a teammate if I played in the NBA
Former NFL DE Michael Strahan

Michael Strahan
@michaelstrahan
So proud of @jasoncollins34 for having the courage to stand up and out for who he is. I support, respect and salute you!!
American actress and former model Gabrielle Union

Gabrielle Union
@itsgabrielleu
YES!RT @michaelstrahan: So proud of @jasoncollins34 for having the courage to stand up and out for who he is. I ... m.tmi.me/TH0MW
Retired Czech American tennis player and coach, Martina Navratilova

Martina Navratilova
@Martina
Well done Jason Collins- you are a brave man. And a big man at that:) 1981 was the year for me- 2013 is the year for you:)

Martina Navratilova
@Martina
It’s not easy to come out when one is still active- shouldn’t be an issue, but it is. That’s why so many don’t do it till after.
The following statement is from Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld on behalf of the team:

“We are extremely proud of Jason and support his decision to live his life proudly and openly. He has been a leader on and off the court and an outstanding teammate throughout his NBA career. Those qualities will continue to serve him both as a player and as a positive role model for others of all sexual orientation.”

More from Spike Lee

Spike Lee
@SpikeLee
Orange And Blue Skies Salutes Jason Collins. Thank You For Your Courage,A Slam Dunk Against HOMOPHOBIA.And Dat's Da "FREEDOM"Truth,Ruth.
Former NBA Player Jay Williams

Jay Williams
@RealJayWilliams
Jason Collins comes out & speaks his truth. #NBA
American pop singer Lance Bass

Lance Bass
@LanceBass
Congrats @jasoncollins34 !! Giant leap for sports - and the conversation continues! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mag...yer/?mobile=no
Utah Jazz PG Earl Watson

Earl J Watson
@Earl_Watson
Great character from a great family! That's all that matters! @jasoncollins34 #respect

All generalizations are dangerous.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (04-29-2013)