Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,571 Times in 5,978 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: The DL dilemma

Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 5.14.13

TUESDAY, 14 MAY 2013 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Dsf: Last week I asked about Cam Heyward playing in a similar 3-4 at Ohio State, and you said that Heyward has not been playing b/c Keisel has been so good, but Gerry has commented that Heyward frequently looks lost and confused. Do you see that in Heyward as well?

Ed Bouchette: I've been told that Heyward is better than Ziggy Hood and will get a chance to unseat him this year.

dave: Do you know if Casey Hampton wants to keep playing? Would he be willing to come back as a backup?

Ed Bouchette: I believe Casey does want to keep playing, at least that is what he said at the end of the year (but then, so did Hines Ward at the end of 2011). I don't think the Steelers want him back.

Zack: If we don't play on resigning Ziggy, because he would be better in a 4-3 scheme, couldn't we look to trade him

Ed Bouchette: First, I don't know that they don't plan to re-sign him and, second, trades don't happen very often in this league, especially by the team you are talking about. I suppose they could trade him, but I don' t think they'd get a high pick for him.

JamesinNYC: Any chance they could flip Hood inside with McClendon moving to DE?

Ed Bouchette: I think Steve McLendon could do that, but I don't think they will at this stage of Ziggy's career.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...anscript-51413