Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,097 Times in 3,552 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Poll: Political forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
For a while now, we've been contemplating a Political forum here at SF. I see no problem with it, and the locker room would still be useful for many other off-topic discussions to keep it relevant. I would have no problem making a political forum.

I want your opinions, though, and if we decide to create a Political forum, i'd like suggestions on what political threads to merge to the new forum as well.

Poll it up!
I've been to many topic specific message boards that add a political forum, and the board never feels the same. The thing that unites everybody here is their love of Pittsburgh Steeler football. Politics is a very volatile subject. I have seen people that could agree on things and actually enjoyed talking to people turn into hateful, resentful posters that couldn't let the politics stay out of their minds. They would be aggressively nasty towards other posters in every thread. It spills over to every other forum, no matter what the subject matter. That's part of what led me here. It taints how others are seen by posters. Some of us could barely get along now. and that's only talking about football! I've seen it happen before. You have such a great message board here, and I don't want to lose the escape from real life that this board is to me. I know that sounds selfish....yeah, that is selfish, but I think it's in everyone's best interests.

I come here to laugh and talk about Steelers football. The political shit is an unavoidable reality of daily life. I come here to forget that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (05-29-2013), Buddha Bus (05-27-2013)