43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Poll: Political forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
I've been to many topic specific message boards that add a political forum, and the board never feels the same. The thing that unites everybody here is their love of Pittsburgh Steeler football. Politics is a very volatile subject. I have seen people that could agree on things and actually enjoyed talking to people turn into hateful, resentful posters that couldn't let the politics stay out of their minds. They would be aggressively nasty towards other posters in every thread. It spills over to every other forum, no matter what the subject matter. That's part of what led me here. It taints how others are seen by posters. Some of us could barely get along now. and that's only talking about football! I've seen it happen before. You have such a great message board here, and I don't want to lose the escape from real life that this board is to me. I know that sounds selfish....yeah, that is selfish, but I think it's in everyone's best interests.

I come here to laugh and talk about Steelers football. The political shit is an unavoidable reality of daily life. I come here to forget that.
So much this! Politics is starting to ruin another board for me that I call home. You wanna piss off a republican? Tell them you're a libertarian and that Mittens is a Rhino. All hell breaks loose.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 43Hitman For This Useful Post:
Bayz101 (05-29-2013), Buddha Bus (06-21-2013), SteelCityMom (05-30-2013)