Old 06-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #20
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: i hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71
great question. i have some as well, because that is quite a broad statement.
can anybody be under the age of 30 and be a real steelers fan?
so what about people who lived in pittsburgh, left and then had children and their children are steelers fans?
are they any less fans?
how many steelers fans would there be in pittsburgh if they never won a super bowl?

i was not born in pittsburgh nor have i ever lived there, i vist often and i am a diehard fan!
living in the midwest, i live in the indy area but travel to ciny, detroit and chicago a bit. i get crap every week for being a steelers fan. something steelerfan12 probally does not get living in the burgh.
I'm the same. I grew up in MD, having people tell me I should be either a Foreskin fan or a Baltimore Dolts (NKA Indianapolis Dolts) fan. But somehow my blood began to boil every time I heard those words. Thankfully, I got an early dose of the Black and Gold, smashmouth football and I sit here today a diehard Steelers fan.

Unfortunately, the people I work with think that just because I live in the Tampa area, I should become a Scubs (bucs) fan. I guess they just don't understand football the way it was meant to be played! And as far as I see it, only one team knows how to play it that way.
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote