Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #52
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: States consider drug testing welfare recipients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Let me ask you this. If you had nothing of value and no prospects, you would never be able to go out for that lobster dinner or whatever, wouldn't you grow some pot and smoke it just for some pleasure in life? I would. I don't begrudge the poor a buzz. The idea you have isn't bad so cut off the check as you say but I think it's still cheaper for society to go that next step and help someone get clean and employed if they want it.
Of course we should help people get clean and employed. I never stated we shouldn't. But if it's going to come down to your job or your drug habit, and you choose your drug habit, then you don't deserve the assistance, and need to go on to the next step of either going to rehab or sucking it up and learning how to be self-reliant. If that means turning to a life of crime, then have fun in jail. I just don't want to pay for someone while they can't even take simple steps to better themselves.

I'm not advocating throwing drug users in jail simply because they are drug users...I'm a supporter of across the board decriminalization. I'm advocating accountability.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (07-03-2013), JonM229 (07-03-2013), Vis (07-03-2013)