Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default The Anderson Silva era is over!

Chris Weidman stuns Anderson Silva
Updated: July 7, 2013, 9:01 AM ET
By Franklin McNeil | ESPN.com

LAS VEGAS -- The day that no mixed martial arts fan thought would ever come arrived Saturday night at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Chris Weidman dethroned longtime middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

A left hook caught Silva in the second round and sent him to the canvas. Weidman jumped on the fallen champion and began delivering more hard punches.

Silva's head snapped backward from the clean shots and referee Herb Dean was forced to save him at the 1:18 mark.

Shock reverberated throughout the arena, except on the face of Weidman.

Before he stepped in the cage at UFC 162 to face Silva, there wasn't the slightest doubt in Weidman's mind that he would win.

For the past three-plus years, Weidman had been biding his time, waiting for the day when he would unseat the man considered the greatest mixed martial artist ever.

"I felt I was destined for this," Weidman said. "I imagined doing this many times in my head, but it's surreal."

Weidman expressed respect for the 38-year-old Silva, but wasn't pleased with the taunting antics that the champion displayed in the cage.

"It [ticked] me off when someone tries to do that [clown around with] me," said Weidman, who improved to 10-0.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/94...leweight-title

__________________________________________________ ___________

Man, am I glad I bought that PPV last night! I've been waiting years for somebody to knock that clown Silva out. I couldn't stand his disrespectful taunting during fights.

Chael Sonnen should have beaten him in their first fight. He pounded him for 4-1/2 rounds until he got caught in a triangle choke and lost. Weidman took care of business and knocked him silly. Great PPV!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (07-11-2013), harrison'samonster (07-07-2013)