Old 06-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #31
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Re: i hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder
I have been around long enough to enjoy the Steelers of the 70's and all the way through to today.
It is not an age or location that makes a Steeler fan, it's an ATTITUDE!! like the Sig says "it's not just football it's STEELERS football" Anyone who chooses to become a fan after the lastest Super Bowl is not necessarily a "bandwagon jumper " they are just a fan who has come to their senses and realized who the best team is!
There is no other team in football that has such a loyal fan base as the Steelers, it's the Steeler Nation, not America's team or the 13th thing in Seattle. We are a nation that constantly has new immigrants that are welcomed, but be aware when you come into the Steeler Nation you must forsake all others forever, don't just come for the good times.
I'll step down off the soap box now....
Hey wait a minute. Hold the phone. What's going on here? So me being humble person who don't get into a fight when some idiot in the street yells at me "Steelers sucks" after seeing my backpack, hat, sweatshirt, keychain, license plate frame, front license plate, or jersey (they all got the logo), is not good enough for a true Steeles fan? Even after I dressed up my kids in #7 jerseys? That's not cool, man.

Besides I don't consider myself a late comer. Yes, I grew up in a country where it used to a communist so only thing that I see on TV about American football was some clips saying "Look at this American imperialist cruel violent sport" thing. But I didn't say I joined in your "bandwagon" after the SB-XL. I purchased my first Steelers item in 1999. I may not have been active, but I was there with you guys all along. Shame on you. You shouldn't say such thing.